Re: reification/annotations

I'm recalling that we discussed it and thought we had resolved it but
was not sure, hence the question. If someone can pull out the
discussion where (if anywhere) we decided this one way or another,
then that would be helpful. Otherwise we can discuss it tomorrow.

(Tracker: this is relevant to Issue-67 and Issue-81)

-Alan