Re: Negative object/data property assertions in EL++

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Evren Sirin wrote:

> I see that negative object/data property assertions are explicitly disallowed
> in the EL++ fragment. But one can express
>
> NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion(p a b)
>
> as
>
> DisjointClasses(ObjectOneOf(a) ObjectHasValue(p b))
>
> which is allowed in EL++. Same is possible for data property assertions using
> DataHasValue restriction. So I'm wondering if disallowing negative property
> assertions in EL++ is necessary.

I agree with what you say and don't think that negative property assertions
should be disallowed. Actually, this is one of the differences between my
Wiki page on EL++ at http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/EL and the official
fragments document. Another notable one is that the non-structural
restrictions have been completely omitted, which actually means that the
version of EL++ described in the fragments document is not tractable.
Are these just editing mistakes or is there some other reason?

greetings,
 		Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *