Re: ISSUE-96 (OWL1.1 vocabulary names): OWL-1.1 vocabulary naming in RDF mapping is not consistent

Hi Michael,

As far as I know, the names are intentional. The rationale is that the
range of e.g. owl11:subObjectPropertyOf is a property, whereas the
range of owl11:disjointObjectProperties is a *collection* of
properties (as with e.g. allDisjoint)

-Rinke

On 2 mrt 2008, at 15:49, OWL Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-96 (OWL1.1 vocabulary names): OWL-1.1 vocabulary naming in RDF
> mapping is not consistent
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/
>
> Raised by: Michael Schneider
> On product:
>
> In the RDF mapping, we have the following URIs:
>
>  * owl11:subObjectPropertyOf
>  * owl11:equivalentObjectProperty
>  * owl11:disjointObjectProperties
>
> At least the names for the 2nd URI (singular) and 3rd URI (plural)
> will perhaps lead to confusion. I suggest to use names close to the
> existing names in OWL-1.0:
>
>  * keep "owl11:subObjectPropertyOf", since there is
> "rdfs:subPropertyOf"
>
>  * keep "owl11:equivalentObjectProperty", since there is
> "owl:equivalentProperty"
>
>  * change "owl11:disjointObjectProperties" to
>    * either "owl11:disjointObjectProperty" to match
> "owl:equivalentProperty"
>    * or "owl11:dijointObjectPropertyWith" to match
> "owl:disjointWith" for classes
>
> The same changes will then have to be performed for data properties,
> too, of course.
>
> Michael Schneider

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands