Re: A proposal for ISSUE-104 (built-in vocabulary)

On 11 Jun 2008, at 14:30, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
[snip]
> Hm. As an RDF/XML user, probably yes. As a turtle user, well, it
> would be suboptimal...

Turtle can compile things behind the scenes as it wishes.

>> (I'll note that we're in this pickle due to removing punning on
>> object and data properties :()
>
> Yep.... :-(
>
> Actually, Boris' mail did not refer to rdf:Seq/Bag/Alt and the
> corresponding rdf:_n properties. There might be users out there
> preferring those to Lists, in which case the same issue arises for
> rdf:_n. (But I am not sure at all whether we should are bout those)

Container properties are not particularly easy to accommodate.
Standard techniques call for an infinite number of predicates which
is probably not a good idea to build in to the language (at least, it
could have unknown ramifications). Since the general best practice
for several years now has been to denigrate contatiners, I think it's
a barrel of trouble we can safely leave unopened.