Re: Data stuff

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> The owl working group will be discussing datatypes and n-ary data
> predicates today at the f2f.
>
> See:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-07-16#Normative_datatypes
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/N-ary_Data_predicate_use_case
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/N-ary_Data_predicate_proposal
>
> If you have use cases, strong feelings, questions, etc. now is a good
> time to voice them.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan.

thx for the reminder.
two points arise for me:
1 - i do not see datetime on the agenda - is it embedded in something i
missed or are we holding off because it needs more discussion
2 - if datetime is discussed, i would have trouble living with a
solution that forced me to represent datetime as structured owl objects
rather than xsd:datetime or something like a more granular xsd:datetime
because of the sheer volume of datetime data my applications have.
exemplar use case for datetime is:
2a. retrieve data with a start time of yymmdd for a duration of 10 days
(optional time zone, default is ut, optional hours, minutes, seconds)
3 - i notice that comparison is embedded in the proposal.  as long as i
get something that lets me do comparisons and numerical ranges i can
make due.
exemplar use cases are:
3a. atmosphere above xxx feet and below yyy feet
3b. high geomagnetic activity = something with a kp index above 7