Re: Action-166 Draft sketch of how to serialize rdf annotation spaces - separate files

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:03:22 -0400
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>

On Jul 16, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> Certainly O and m(O) can be separately reasoned with, but does the
> split
> actually achieve this?  In the proposal the first file still has
> quite a
> bit of stuff related to the annotations, so it is not really just O!

Hi Peter,

Which parts of O do you see as related to annotations? I certainly
didn't intend to leave anything that would touch the DL model theory.
However there are owl:annotatedAs triples that I thought were needed
to be able to link the annotations to what was annotated - is that
what you were referring to? Also, I haven't gone through a rework to
remove serialization in O, of entities that are solely used in m(O)
such as Annotation Property declarations.

The part that I was specifically trying to enable was reasoning
within the annotations, for example to allow for domain and ranges on
annotation properties. This is the part that I didn't see how to
manage comfortably within a single file.

Thanks,
Alan