Re: ISSUE-53 Proposal to resolve

From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:59:40 -0400
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

> On Jul 2, 2008, at 6:05 AM, Ian Horrocks wrote:
>
>> This issue seems to be subsumed by issue-5, and I suggest we close it.
>
> I concur, though we should add a note to issue-5 noting that.
>
> Best,
> Alan

Really?  Issue 5 expresses concerns about the proposed solution for
N-ary datatypes,
while issue 53 provides a clear example (use case) for N-ary inequality
support of type
3 from Bijan's N-ary update [1].  The use case is still potentially
relevant even if a
particular solution is rejected.  Of course, if we accept a solution
along the lines
described by Bijan, then it would resolve both issues.

-Evan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Jul/0047.html