ISSUE-16 (entity annotations): A proposal for closing this issue without action

From: Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:03:54 +0100
To: <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

Hello,

I just realized that resolving this issue either by Peter's or by my proposal will be difficult, mainly due to the problems involved
in mapping the extension into RDF.

In the case of Peter's proposal, serializing annotations on annotations into RDF would require reifying annotations. I can see this
getting easily out of hand.

In the case of my proposal, serializing axioms containing axioms into RDF is problematic: from the triples alone we cannot tell
whether an axiom occurs in the ontology as a first-class citizen, or whether it occurs only as part of another axiom.

I don't believe that a mapping of either proposal to RDF can be achieved without jumping through some serious hoops. In this light,
I don't consider the ability to annotate annotations sufficiently important to warrant spending our time on developing a solution.
Therefore, I propose to close this issue without any action.

Regards,

	Boris