Re: Evidence for use of deprecated language

On 24 jan 2008, at 16:47, Elisa F. Kendall wrote:
> One of the other working groups that we participate in is the
> Semantic Web Deployment WG, currently finalizing the SKOS vocabulary
> and related documents.  I had noticed that owl:DeprecatedClass and
> owl:DeprecatedProperty were used in the SKOS documents, but did not
> know whether this usage was widespread or was being carried forward.

SKOS is already OWL Full, I believe, so I guess deprecating
deprecation would not really affect users in this case.

> While Tom raises the question of what we should do with this
> language given that the OWL WG may eliminate it, it's clear evidence
> of use in other W3C standards (or almost standards).  I would not be
> surprised, therefore, if other examples would turn up if the
> question was raised on the broader semantic web list.

I agree, that's probably the best way to get feedback.

-Rinke

> Elisa

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands