Re: Proposal and Test cases (Re: skolems: visible differences?)

On 17 Jan 2008, at 14:22, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> Furthermore such variables have far reaching consquences both
>> formally (e.g., on the data complexity of RDFS; undecidability of
>> OWL DL+ cyclic bnode patterns; what sorts of entailments occur)
>
> Remind me about the "undecidability of OWL DL+ cyclic bnode
> patterns" - I seem to vaguely remember briefly getting my head
> round it once, but it's gone.

See Boris' explanation:
	http://www.w3.org/mid/000701c82200$d343cf00$2711a8c0@wolf

> Is the statement that say using the existential semantics with
> bnodes for individuals in OWL DL takes us into undecidability?

IIRC, you need inequality as well, but yes. Ah yes, see his even
earlier explanation:
	http://www.w3.org/mid/000601c82176$e8a3b700$2711a8c0@wolf

It contains the reference.