more FPWDs? (was Re: Possible new public working draft?)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Possible new public working draft?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:28:44 +0000

> Boris Motik wrote:
> > Hello,
> > The first working drafts have been "out" for a while. We think that it
> > would be useful to have second versions of these documents
> > published before the next F2F so that that F2F can be concerned with
> > work going forward instead of looking at documents that reflect
> > the past. So, could there be an agenda item this week to start the
> > process of approving a second version of these three documents
> > with a target publication date a bit before the second teleconference?
> > 	Bernardo, Bijan, Boris, Peter
>
> Hmmm, while this is a good idea (publish early, publish often);
> I fear that it would have been better if we were in a position to have
> more FPWDs of other documents.
>
> Jeremy

There are two other documents that could be published.

1/ XML Serialization http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/XML_Serialization

   This document comes from the initial OWL 1.1 submission.  I modified
   it recently, mostly to make it more self-contained by incorporating
   the XML Schema itself into the document (instead of just pointing to
   the schema from the document).   The document probably needs a sanity
   check to make sure that it corresponds to the current OWL 1.1 syntax,
   as it may not have been completely updated.  I think that this check
   and any needed changes could be done quite quickly (i.e., before next
   week's teleconference) and a publication review could be initiated
   then.

2/ OWL Primer http://www.webont.org/owl/documents/primer.html

   The UFDTF has been talking about this document and may discuss it
   further on Monday.  Bijan and I have been updating and completing the
   document.  There is one missing sub-section and some of the examples
   don't have RDF/XML syntax, but I feel that the document could also be
   quickly made ready for publication review.