RE: Concern about limiting allowed dataranges in DatatypeRestriction (for ACTION-83)

Peter wrote:

>Although the nesting does not add expressive power, I would prefer that
>the nested syntax also be allowed, in part because this would
>mirror XML
>Schema datatypes (which has a notion of the underlying datatype) and in
>part because it would pave the way for sharing parts of data range
>constructs.
>
>peter

Perhaps the following idea would work: Nesting is allowed, if it can be
syntactically transformed into an equivalent allowed "flat" expression.
Michaels example below would be of such a kind.

So nested datarange restrictions would just be syntactical sugar for the
flat ones. I expect that the transformation rules are rather
straightforward. In order to know whether a facet in such a nested
expression is allowed and what it means, one could then just do the
transformation and lookup the meaning for the equivalent flat expression.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe