Re: proposal to close ISSUE-137 (rdfstypesbackward): Table 4 in RDF mapping introduces incompatibility with OWL 1

On Aug 22, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> Both the description of the issue
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/137
> and the previous use case
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Aug/0225.html
> are concerned with fixing up the importing graph.

Hi Peter,

I understand your example now, apologies for the confusion. Just to
clarify, my concern was that it be possible to have the rdfs:Class
and owl:Class in separate documents, and the A,B example I provided
in the issue was one case of that.

Does the solution you propose not work the other way around? Namely
in the other example I gave:

Document at ex:ontology:
	ex:foo rdf:type rdf:Property
	ex:subject ex:foo ex:object

Document at ex:cleanup
Ontology(ex:cleanup
     Import(ex:ontology)
     Declaration(ObjectProperty(ex:foo))

Would the reverse mapping, after the change, result in there being an
error when ex:cleanup is parsed (and hence ex:ontology is parsed?).

My understanding is that without the change ex:ontology would be
syntactically invalid, but if ex:ontology was the single triple

Document at ex:ontology:
	ex:subject ex:foo ex:object

it would be valid.

-Alan