Re: What is added by functional syntax?

Jim,

just to frame the discussion more precisely: afaik there are no plans
for publishing the M'ter syntax as a recommendation. There might be a WG
Note for the M'ter syntax, but only a note. So let us not count that one in.

I _personally_ view the XML syntax as some sort of an exchange syntax
and not a syntax for defining our spec (others may not agree with me on
that). Ie, it does not have the same role and significance (again: for
me) than the functional syntax and the diagrams.

Finally, to the original question of Alan: personally, I would find it
*very* difficult to understand the document with the diagrams alone
(although, I must admit, I am often s...d up by the functional syntax,
too:-(.

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/