RE: What is added by functional syntax?

Hello,

I wouldn't say that all people don't like the functional syntax; however, let's not argue about this point.

One of the reasons why we have the functional syntax is that it provides us with a way to define tables in the RDF Mapping and the
Semantics. You can't really put diagrams in these tables (or, better said, one could do that, but I'm not going to do that :-). The
functional-style syntax lends itself well for such purposes because it is reasonable concise while being at least to some degree
human-readable.

Thus, the functional-style syntax adds only some pragmatics to the spec. It does not add anything to the language from the
definition/structural point of view.

Regards,

	Boris