Re: owl:intendedProfile (proposal for ISSUE-111)

Ivan Herman wrote:

> Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> Here's a possible solution for ISSUE-111 [1], with some variations and
>> discussion.  I was only considering the RDF/XML serialization here.  For
>> the XML serialization, a MIME type could a good solution.
>>
>> * Basic Approach:
>>
>> Use an ontology property.  So the users adds a triple like this:
>>
>>   <> owl:intendedProfile owl:DL.
>>
>> This would have processing-model semantics, much like owl:imports.  The
>> processing model is something like this:
>>      1. You fetch the content from some URI U.
>>    2. If its Content-Type is "application/rdf+xml", proceed.
>>       (otherwise, this procedure doesn't apply; it's not OWL
>>       in RDF/XML.)
>
> What about other RDF serializations (current, like Turtle, or others
> that may come in future?). Would it lead to problems if we cast in
> concrete the role of RDF/XML here?

The GRDDL spec managed a reasonable compromise between explicitness
(RDF/XML) and generality (RDF graph).

e.g. graph
[[
If an information resource([WEBARCH], section 2.2) IR is represented by
an XML document with an XPath root node R, and R has a GRDDL
transformation with a transformation property TP, and TP applied to R
gives an RDF Graph[RDFC04] G, then G is a GRDDL result of IR.
]]

e.g. RDF/XML
[[
If an information resource IR is represented by a conforming RDF/XML
document[RDFX], then the RDF graph represented by that document is a
GRDDL result of IR.
]]

I imagine that this issue can be handled similarly.
Also we need to take into account OWL/XML

Jeremy