Re: General discussion for TC Wednesday 2008-04-21

On Apr 21, 2008, at 10:13 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
[snip]
> Syntax: The proposal suggests using the serialization proposed by
> the RIF BLD[2] for easy keys.

No. The proposal suggest that the *translation to a rule* can be
given using RIF. EasyKeys have their own functional syntax and I'll
insert a proposal for mapping to RDF tomorrow. The basic outline is
easy enough, something like:

	aClass owl:hasKey (list of key Properties)

> A quick glance at the document cited reveals only an XML syntax,
> and the RIF/RDF/OWL documentation[3] suggests that combinations of
> RIF and RDF be made by way of using multiple documents.  Is there a
> RDF syntax proposed, and if not are we comfortable with having key
> axioms specified in a non-RDF syntax.

I've put the proposal into the Wiki.

> Documentation: What impact would adding Easy Keys have on our user
> facing documentation?

There will be something in the Reference, of course, and I would
suggest having it in the primer as well. It's a popular feature.