Re: Profiles intro

On 10 Apr 2008, at 15:00, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[snip]

This is the last (I hope) I'll post in this thread. At this point
we're into wordsmithing and metastrategy...nothing that will affect
the FPWD :)

I'd happily (for some value of "happily") take an action to draft
some  new intro and primer text (trying to coordinate them) which
takes the current debate into account. I'd also happily leave it to
someone else :)

But to prevent Peter from still being wrong... ;)

>> Heck, if the elephant will flush and doesn't break anything, it's
>> welcome to use my bathroom without my knowledge anytime it wants!
>
> Yeah, but if the elephant wants to treat my bidet (rdfs:subClassOf)
> as a
> toilet (rdf:Class) then I do care.

But this is better described in terms of metamodeling/owl full
instead of a nebulous RDFishness.

Is suspect the nebulosity was as much what triggered ivan's reaction
than anything else.

>> Seriously, it's clear that differentiating on "RDFishness" without
>> a lot
>> of discussion is going to cause allergic reaction even in sensible
>> people. So let's be cautious not just to be understood, but not to be
>> misunderstood.
>
> Agreed, but this is different than not using "RDFishness" as a
> differentiator.

Actually it is. All the fragments make sense with RDF data and can
make sense with various views on RDFS.

>> Cheers,
>> Bijan.
>
> peter