Re: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

Hi Bijan,

just for my understanding:

Bijan Parsia wrote:

>> - drop anonymous individuals explicitly in OWL 1.1 DL (and perhaps say
>> in some note that such individuals can be dealt with for all
>> practical intents and purposes by Skolemization), or
>
> I find manual Skolemization to be a bit of a non-starter. People
> migrating from RDF use BNodes rather freely, so I imagine pellet (for
> example) will always have a mode wherein it treats them as skolem
> constants. I also imagine that this will be the default setting.
> Furthermore, that's certainly how I propose to deal with them when
> querying with SPARQL/OWL.

what you mean is that if I write OWL1.1 DL statements (including, to
refer to my previous concern, in some some of the simple tractable
fragment dialect) in, God forbid, RDF/XML and/or Turtle, using
_syntactically_ blank nodes, then a tool like Pellet would transform
them on the fly into Skolem, ie, assign some unique URI-s in the
process? And that is how conformance for tools would be defined for DL
reasoners?

This would certainly answers a concern I had.

Thanks

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/