RE: ISSUE-3: REPORTED: Lack of anonymous individuals

Hello,

Anonymous individuals really are existentials, not just "unknown names". In fact, the anonymous individuals are exactly like bnodes
in RDF. Note that bnodes in RDF are the reason why checking entailment of RDF graphs is NP-complete: checking entailment of RDF
graphs then amount to checking containment of conjunctive queries, which is an NP-complete problem in the size of the query.

The approach that I proposed at the end of my first e-mail that started this discussion actually tries to formalize the notion of
"unknown names". In this case, we might have anonymous individuals however you want them (tree-like or non-tree-like); however, the
fact that the individuals are anonymous would not be reflected in the semantics. You would just be able to flag some individual as
"anonymous", which would be a signal to the editor to show it differently in the GUI. Still, it would be interpreted just as another
individual (albeit with an unknown name), and not as an existential. This seems to be a simple and practical solution.

Boris