Re: racer documentation

I guess the best solution is to ask Ralf, one of the two main people
behind Racer. I Cc: him this mail. Ralf, the question is what
datatypes and predicates Racer does offer. We found this in the Racer
manual:

RacerPro supports reasoning over natural numbers (N), integers (Z),
reals (R), complex numbers (C), and strings (S). For different sets,
different kinds of predicates are supported:

N | linear inequations with order constraints and integer coefficients
Z | interval constraints
R | linear inequations with order constraints and rational coefficients
S | equality and inequality

and this:

[[
if an attribute is declare to be of type real or integer it
is an error to use this attribute in terms for nonlinear polynoms. In
a similar way, currently, an attribute of type integer may not be used
in a term for a linear polynoms, either. If the coefficients are
integers, then cardinal (natural number, including 0) for the type of
attributes may be used in a linear polynom.
]]

The first snippet seems to indicate that Racer does not support
multiplication of numbers, whereas the second talks about nonlinear
polynoms. Can you please clarify for us what Racer can do exactly?

Thanks for your support,

 	Carsten

--
*      Carsten Lutz, Institut f"ur Theoretische Informatik, TU Dresden       *
*     Office phone:++49 351 46339171   mailto:lutz@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de     *