Re: Role of 'public-webont-comments'? [WAS: Are the acyclicity "nonstructural restrictions" too strict?]

On Oct 17, 2007, at 8:47 AM, Michael Schneider wrote:
[snip]

If I might jump in....

> Another (meta) question which might also be of interest to other's
> here in
> the list: Yesterday I have found that there is a mailing list called
>
>   "public-webont-comments"
>
> which seems to have to do with the new OWL-WG,

It was created for the old webont working group, thus has not *yet*
had anything to do with the new OWL-WG. Most working groups have a
members list and a public comments list. I don't believe the W3C team
(and certainly not the group) have decided whether to reuse public-
webont-comments, or to have a public-owl-comments (similar to public-
owl-wg) list (though I didn't check). Public-owl-dev is a general
purpose list for discussion everything owl.

> though it already exists for
> quite a while (very low frequency). I wonder if the question, which
> I have
> put in my last post, would better be posted there instead of OWL-
> DEV. Can
> you please clarify for what kind of discussion this other group is
> intended,
> and how it should be distinguished from OWL-DEV?

I think for a great while you are perfectly safe posting to public-
owl-dev. That's where OWL 1.1 feedback was requested to be sent, and,
as I said, I don't see that the wg has requested otherwise yet. Many
wg members actively monitor public-owl-dev (as you know) so even when
there is a more specific list, nothing should be lost by posting
here. When last call working draft calls are circulated, they will
contain directions for where to post your formal last call comments
such that they are sure to "count" in the last call review process.
Last call of *any* document is at least, I'd guess, 6 months off, so
no worries.

I also (speaking still as me, though a me who is a member of the wg,
but not *on behalf* of the wg) hope we'll keep an "open to the world"
issues list for people to propose issues through.

I'll also take this quick opportunity to thank you for your close and
challenging review. Your various comments and discussions are most
definitely helping make the documents stronger.

Cheers,
Bijan.