Re: Looking for complacent RDF/XML <--> N3 converters

Dear Bob,
quite frankly said, you are asking too much. If I were to build an RDF
parser, I would optimize the data structure and my first idea would be
Nodes with a HashMap PropertyName->HashSet of Objects for triples,
losing the order immediately (unordered is faster than ordered, O(1) on
insert and polling ). I would assume that most parser are implemented
this way, especially because ordering of triples is a really exotic
requirement. Note that it is you that searches for a parser that does
impose *your* own opinion on how the triples should be handled, not the
other way round.

The only thing that might be close to what you require is an RDF parser,
that is capable of streaming. This will preserve the order of triples
(mostly).   The one that comes to my mind is OpenRDF Sesame, but then
RDF stream readers are all developer libraries. They are pointless for
web services as the data is transfered as a whole during request.

Maybe you should re-evaluate your own methods of handling and working
with RDF. You could use Jena Eyeball [1] for example instead of your own
eyeballs for validating data.
  Sounds like you need a tool that does a diff operation? Here is a list
of tools, that I use:

I write RDF with Geany in Turtle (because of autocompletion)
- http://www.geany.org/

I convert/validate with
- Rapper http://librdf.org/raptor/rapper.html
- rdf.sh https://github.com/seebi/rdf.sh  (Note the RDF diff function)
- Jena Eyeball http://jena.sourceforge.net/Eyeball/
- Jena CLI http://jena.sourceforge.net/tools.html
- Pellet /  Pellint http://clarkparsia.com/pellet /
http://weblog.clarkparsia.com/2008/07/02/pellint-an-ontology-repair-tool/

If you have a Mac / Linux, then you can use them from the command line.

all the best,
Sebastian

[1] http://jena.sourceforge.net/Eyeball/

--