Re: Connecting multiple fragment selectors with individual bodies

Hi,

sorry, but could you please give a hint where I could find some more
background information regarding all these concepts you are discussing ?

What I understand, is that CompositeAnnotation and AnnotationSet are
concepts to relate multiple annotations, and that these concepts are
much more suitable than hasSemanticTag to link together the annotation
elements defined for my use case.

But, what is bothering me is that I have to create a lot of unnecessary
annotation instances in the model. Moreover, most of these instances
will not represent annotations themselves, but only dependencies (or may
be better said attributes) of annotations. Also, these attributes will
never be intended to become independent "annotations".

What about my proposal to allow targets or at least target specifiers
having a hasBody property ?
That way, annotations may compile a list of target specifiers with
fragment selectors, and assign a single, individual body resource to
each of them. Anything would be fine, at least with regard to my use case.
We could avoid the mass instantiation of unnessary annotations (we
currently have annotation types which may include up to 15 annotation
elements, what an overhead regarding the creation of annotation
instances) and I guess, this would also contribute to a much better
query performance when several thousands of annotations will be stored
in the model.

best regards
Lutz