Re: Connecting multiple fragment selectors with individual bodies

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Rob,
> [snip]

> So if I have:
> Annotation1
> basedOn Annotation2
> basedOn Annotation3
> and
> Annotation2
> basedOn Annotation4
> basedOn Annotation5
>
> If all the annotation tasks have been performed in the same *context* I
> would probably create one single CompositeAnnotation that lnks all all of
> them. If I created the second part first - forgive the numeration - I
could
> have a CompositeAnnotation1 linking Annotation2, Annotation4 and
> Annotation5. Then a CompositeAnnotation2 linking Annotation1, Annotation2
> and Annotation3. As we know that Annotation2 is based on Annotation4 and
> Annotation5 because of the relationships, we can now rebuild the
hierarchy.

> Is that what you mean?

I guess so :)  I was just trying to solve one problem: how to have multiple
things, which each look like an annotation, be wrapped up together in a
single "annotation".

To go back to first principles of what Lutz wants to do, interspersed with
my comments:

Maybe, I should briefly describe our initial picture of the data structure
> before I started to implement it with OA  in order to get a clearer view on
> what I intend to implement. The basic idea is, to enable users to annotate
> a domain specific XML document.

So the lowest level target is the XML document.

So, an annotation in our view should collect some meta data like annotator,
> date and the source XML document being annotated.

oa:annotator, oa:annotated and target

Then, the user should be enabled to select an specific annotation type,
> further indicating the kind of annotation he wants to create.

rdf:type

 Also, the user shall be enabled to enter new values and/or leave comments
> to any (expert users) or a predefined set of data elements (common users)
> in the source documents.

And now it gets more tricky.

-- New values seems like a specific change request.  eg Replace the
contents of this element with this new content I provide.  This has come up
in other contexts (eg editing wikipedia via annotation, and Tim Cole's XSLT
actionable change annotations) but hasn't been properly discussed.  Even to
the extent of whether its within the OA framework that this should be
solved or not!

-- Comments are clearly oax:Comment
-- Selection via XPath.

One annotation per comment/change is how OA models these so ...

Finally, an annotation shall be produces, which consists of the collected
> meta data and the collection of annotated elements.

This annotation collects the other annotations.

Thus:

CompAnno1 a oax:CompositeAnnotation ;
  oax:hasAnnotation Anno1 ;
  oax:hasAnnotation Anno2 .

Anno1 a oax:Change ;
  oa:hasBody (resource describing new contents for XML)
  oa:hasTarget SpecificResource1 .

Anno2 a oax:Comment ;
  oa:hasBody (resource describing reason for change)
  oa:hasTarget SpecificResource1 .  // or Anno1 would be better?

Although now that I write it all out step by step, it seems like Anno2
could just target Anno1?

Rob