Re: [ontolex] Modellin collocations

Hi Thierry,

The difference in modelling here is to do with what is causing the form to
change. In the case of 'estación de autobuses', the third word cannot be
affected by anything outside of the term and as such is always in plural.
In this case we model it using the decomp model as it is *inherent to the
term*.

In contrast we have forms for which the lexical entry can take, for example
the plural form or a particular case (accusative) which is imposed *externally
to the term*, that is from the context it appears in the sentence or a
particular meaning. A form restriction is a not that a particular entry
(term) cannot be used in a context that would force it to take a restricted
form, most typically that it cannot be used in the singular form.

Regards,
John