Re: [ontolex] Lexicography Module Specification complete and ready for review

Dear Christian,

Answering your questions between the lines:

El mar., 29 ene. 2019 a las 17:06, Christian Chiarcos (<
chiarcos@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>) escribió:

> Dear Julia, dear all,
>
> thank you for sharing this. I think the overall model is much more
> streamlined, and the class structure is much clearer than it has been
> before. Congrats ;)

Thanks!

> A question regarding the relation between LexicographicComponent and
> rdf:List. I understand that the model does not assume that there is any
> relation, but that a LexicographicComponent can happen to an rdf:List at
> the same time, so that rdf:_1 etc. can be used? If that's the idea, I would
> welcome it, but the paragraph before example 4 should state this more
> explicitly, possibly even in a note.

We propose to use rdfs:member or its subproperties rdf:_1, rdf:_2, ...   to
relate lexicographic components to its subcomponents (lexicog:subComponent
can be used as well, when ordering is not important). I think that
LexicographicComponent corresponds more naturally to an rdf:Container than
to an rdf:List (rdf:List implies that the collection is closed) but, in any
case, we do not restrict the nature of LexicographicComponent so both of
them can be used (in fact, the domain and range of rdfs:member is
rdfs:Resource). Maybe a note in the document could help to make this more
explicit, yes.

> The second remark is on readability: Any chance to create diagrams for the
> examples along with the TTL code? It takes a while to get the gist,
> otherwise, because the listings extend beyond the screen and require a lot
> of scrolling.

Certainly, we plan to create such diagrams (with John's help ;-) ) and
include them into the document in the next few days.

Best regards,

Jorge

--
Jorge Gracia, PhD
Department of Computer Science and Systems Engineering