Re: Ontolex teleconference on the 12th of March, 13:00 CET.

Dear all,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend the telcons as of late (having
other obligations on Mondays). From the example snippets in Julia's email,
however, I am happy to see the proposed basic structure -- of an entry with
member components -- has survived the many discussions so far. I look
forward to catching up with more of your progress in the next few days!
Hopefully I will be able to contribute in a bit more active manner in the
near future. For the time being, I would like to add a minor note to the
following sentence in your e-mail conversation:

   - "John also suggested to have two properties, a transitive and a
   non-transitive (the transitive as a sub-property of the non-transitive),
   following the solution of SKOS."

Note that in SKOS, it is the other way around: the non-transitive is a
sub-property of the transitive! This so that inference will add the
transitive relation in any case, but still allowing queries to look up
non-transitive/asserted relations instead.

Kind regards,
Sander

On 10 March 2018 at 21:07, Philipp Cimiano <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> and talk about responsibilities.
>>>
>>> Let me also mention that during our last telcos there was some concern
>>> with the definition of lexical entry as assuming one part of speech only.
>>> Katrien mentioned this being an issue, she mentioned the example of "blue".
>>> Possibly Katrien could provide the details on this list.
>>>
>>> Last but not least: Paul Buitelaar has expressed his diesire to resign
>>> as a chair of the ontolex group. I would like to propose that we appoint
>>> John McCrae as a co-chair together with me. After all, he has been devoting
>>> a lot of time to ontolex and lead many discussions and telcos lately.
>>>
>>> If others want to propose additional chairs, please do so. There is no
>>> restriction on there being three chairs only. I assume that UPM will be
>>> strongly involved in specifying the lexicographic module, so I would kindly
>>> invite UPM to propose someone.
>>>
>>> The next telco will be on the 12th of March, 13:00 CET. I will send the
>>> agenda once I have received suggestions for topics.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Philipp.
>>>
>>> Am 03.03.18 um 13:33 schrieb Christian Chiarcos:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> as we get increasingly spammed on Skype, I would leave the group call
>>> there. Can I suggest to create a new group and ask you to invite me there,
>>> again?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> Am .02.2018, 07:26 Uhr, schrieb Philipp Cimiano
>>> <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de> <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>:
>>>
>>> Dear Julia, all,
>>>
>>>  thanks for sharing the draft of the telos example for today's telco.
>>>
>>> I am currently attending a conference and I will not be able to attend
>>> the telco today.
>>>
>>> John: could you chair the telco for me today?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Philipp.
>>>
>>> Am 19.02.18 um 00:01 schrieb Julia Bosque Gil:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Here is a first draft of the* telos* example, remodeled with
>>> DictionaryEntryComponent(s). Since attestations (vs. usage examples) are
>>> also an issue, we could try to address both the sense hierarchy and
>>> attestations during the same telco (if time allows):
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TogPjrLyJS0OK5pzww28751M
>>> X7179-NzCIsDdzae65o/edit#bookmark=id.ibectx5jjsod
>>>
>>> Talk to you soon,
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Julia

>>>   Julia Bosque Gil PhD Student Ontology Engineering Group
>>> <http://www.oeg-upm.net/>
>>> Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
>>> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>>> AG Semantic Computing
>>> Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>>> Universität Bielefeld
>>>
>>> Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <+49%20521%2010612249>
>>> Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <+49%20521%201066560>

>>> 33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>>> Germany
>>>
>>> --
>>> Prof. Dr. Christian Chiarcos Applied Computational Linguistics Johann
>>> Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt a. M. 60054 Frankfurt am Main,
>>> Germany office: Robert-Mayer-Str. 10, #401b
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Robert-Mayer-Str.+10,+%23401b&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> mail: chiarcos@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de web:
>>> http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de tel: +49-(0)69-798-22463
>>> <+49%2069%2079822463> fax: +49-(0)69-798-28931 <+49%2069%2079828931>
>>>
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>>> AG Semantic Computing
>>> Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>>> Universität Bielefeld
>>>
>>> Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <+49%20521%2010612249>
>>> Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <+49%20521%201066560>
>>> Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>>>
>>> Office CITEC-2.307
>>> Universitätsstr. 21-25
>>> 33615 Bielefeld, NRW