Re: Fwd: *semantic* frames in OntoLex-lemon

Hi John, hi Aldo, dear all,

thank you for these pointers. Another recent model is REO
(http://aclweb.org/anthology/W17-2712.bib), which, however, doesn't seem
to be publicly available, yet.

I'm really not sure whether an OntoLex module would be appropriate given
the diversity of modeling approaches for such data, but one may consider
to define an interface, e.g., by *mentioning in the documentation* that
semantic frames are typical examples of LexicalConcepts (as they
apparently are in both PreMon and Framester). And that makes perfect sense
as the frame-evoking element as well as the frame itself can be
lexicalized in different ways.

This doesn't mean that one shouldn't aim to harmonize existing
representations for semantic frames, but this doesn't necessarily have to
be a module in the OntoLex group -- unless there's a surge of interest.

Best,
Christian