Re: Working on best practices for modelling lexicographic resources

Ji Jorge,

 I agree, thanks for the heads up.

In any case, it seems that the Friday afternoon slot is not ideal for
some people (Galway, KDictionaries, etc.)

So I discussed with John that we will set up a Doodle.

Greetings,

Philipp.

Am 13.07.17 um 10:42 schrieb Jorge Gracia:
> [...]
>
>         unfortunately, due to family issues, I have not been able to
>     attend
>     the Ontolex workshop collocated with the LDK conference in Galway.
>
>     The conference itself was great. Thanks to John, Jorge, Christian,
>     Sebastian and Paul for getting it organized!
>
>     Several people have reported to me the topics discussed at ontolex
>     workshop
>
>     It is clear from the reports that there is a significant interest in
>     continuing the work on the model and in particular there seems to be a
>     lot of interest on working out how the ontolex model can be used to
>     model lexicographic resources.
>
>     As this seems to be of interest to the community, I propose we start
>     looking into this. I am happy to lead this if I get a little help from
>     the community, in particular from UPM (Jorge/Julia).
>
>     I would like to propose two concrete actions:
>
>     1) I propose that in order to have a concrete goal, we start
>     working on
>     a document that summarizes best practices for modelling lexicographic
>     resources, building on but also extending the current ontolex
>     vocabulary
>     as needed. The document could be example-based along the lines of the
>     spec we have issued so far and would allow us to work in an agile and
>     cooperative way, agreeing on design issues and choices as we
>     collaborate
>     on writing the best practices and guidelines. Once the guidelines are
>     written, we can then decide whether we lift some of the proposed
>     vocabulary elements or modelling solutions into the status of a new
>     module or we simply keep the best practices as an informal document.
>
>     2) I propose we start again with our regular telcos to foster
>     discussion
>     and progress. As the Thursday slot was not very popular, I propose we
>     move back to our original Friday 4 pm (CET) slot.
>
>     Let me know what you think.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Philipp.
>

>     --
>     --
>     Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>     AG Semantic Computing
>     Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>     Universität Bielefeld
>
>     Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>     Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>     Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>     <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>
>     Office CITEC-2.307
>     Universitätsstr. 21-25
>     33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>     Germany
>

> --
> Jorge Gracia, PhD
> Ontology Engineering Group
> Artificial Intelligence Department
> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
> http://jogracia.url.ph/web/

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

Fax: +49 521 106 6560