Re: Ontolex as an ISO international standard

Dear all,

If the copyright conditions be as Phlipp says, the model would keep
being open and accessible to everyone, right?
If that is so, we at UPM are in favor of this movement.

However, being conscious of the problems that have been mentioned by all
of you, we would like to make the following suggestion: What about
standardizing only the core of the model in ISO and leaving the current
and future modules (which have a more dynamic nature) to continue their
development in the context of W3C community?

Knowing that revision of standards in ISO is every 5 years, this would
allow us to include the modules that have achieved a mature status by then.

In summary, we think that this initiative could provide the model
visibility and further adoption, while keeping flexibility for future
extensions.

let us know what you think!
Best,
Elena & Jorge & Lupe