Re: Ontolex as an ISO international standard

> We have a lot of computers and phones, terabytes of disks, fancy
> displays: but we still cannot represent a graph with a tree (or wake me
> up when it will be possible ;-) ).

Amen to that. At least, it took people 20 years to acknowledge that the
overhead of forcing graphs into trees basically eats up most of the
benefits -- and obviously not everyone's convinced yet ;)

Best,
Christian

> Bonne journée,
> Gil
>
> Le 03/11/2016 à 06:53, Felix Sasaki a écrit :

>>> Dear Christian, Aldo, all,
>>>
>>> Myself I have been rather against this step, but feeling unsure about
>>> it.
>>> At least I could contribute from Austria.
>>> One aspect was also that DIN (the German ISO Branch) wanted to have
>>> money from participating organizations (and at the end selling the
>>> standards).... So that I stepped out from DIN.
>> Same here.
>>
>>> I would prefer to continue the W3C path, but if not possible, then why
>>> not getting the ISO stamp.
>>> There are ways to make sure that some ISO standards are not closed,
>>> using the informative parts vs the normative part.
>>> In the informative part one could for example serialize the model (for
>>> exemplifying it) . And well not a big deal  then to "reverse" a ttl or
>>> RDF/XML back to the ontology.
>> If the aim to publish an ontology, FYI, there is a related W3C workshop
>> coming up:
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/2016/11/sdsvoc/
>>
>> - Felix
>>
>>> One thing I know is that  a new ISO item for LMF is planned ( to be
>>> serialized it in TEI-XML, which I think  is a non-sense, since TEI is
>>> hierarchical and purely semasiological. And LMF and Lemon support both
>>> semasiological and onomasiologcal approaches to the lexicon).
>>> So: going for ISO-Lemon/ontolex might lead to interesting debates
>>> within the corresponding ISO committee :-)

>>> No, but I found this: http://www.iso.org/iso/news.htm?refid=Ref1670
>>> (no time to read it right now)
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Thierry
>>> -- Thierry Declerck,
>>> Senior Consultant at DFKI GmbH, Language Technology Lab
>>> Stuhlsatzenhausweg, 3
>>> D-66123 Saarbruecken
>>> Phone: +49 681 / 857 75-53 58
>>> Fax: +49 681 / 857 75-53 38
>>> email: declerck@dfki.de

>>> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>>> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>>>
>>> Geschaeftsfuehrung:
>>> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
>>> Dr. Walter Olthoff
>>>
>>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
>>> Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>>>
>>> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313

Prof. Dr. Christian Chiarcos
Applied Computational Linguistics
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt a. M.
60054 Frankfurt am Main, Germany

office: Robert-Mayer-Str. 10, #401b
mail: chiarcos@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
web: http://acoli.cs.uni-frankfurt.de