Re: Changes in synsem and vartrans

Dear Jorge, all,

  you are right that we are violating our principle of using the same
name for a property and a class. However, in this case it makes sense as
both the class and the property express the same relation but with
different modelling paradigms (reification by a class and property
respectively). Further, both are related through the corresponding
equivalence axiom so that writing x source^-1 translation_reflexive o
target implies translation. The other way round it does not work, that's
OWL ;-)

In any case, both translation and Translation are the same relation in
principle, so using the almost same names modulo case seems appropriate
here.

Kind regards,

Philipp.

Am 07.07.15 um 13:27 schrieb Elena Montiel Ponsoda:
> [...]
>>     arguments are distinct from each other...
>>
>>     It seems to me that the main issue has been that the
>>     SemanticFrame class has been interpreted differently as it was
>>     supposed to. Essentialy, this class was supposed to represent the
>>     bindings of arguments of ontological predicates to the syntactic
>>     arguments they are realized by. However, I agree that the name
>>     "SemanticFrame" makes one think about "Frames" in the tradition
>>     of Framenet, which actually in our case would play the role of
>>     ontological "references" rather than of Lexical Senses.
>>
>>     Further, it was indeed awkard to say that a SemanticFrame is a
>>     subclass of LexicalSense.
>>
>>     Thus, John came up with a proposal I like quite a lot and which I
>>     have implemented in the wiki, ontology and examples already. The
>>     proposal consists in renaming a few classes to make their actual
>>     role and function better graspable and to avoid confusion with
>>     other related but not equivalent concepts. So here is the
>>     proposed renaming:
>>
>>     SemanticFrame -> OntoMap (reflecting that it actually specifies
>>     how the ontological arguments of a predicate "map" to syntactic
>>     arguments of a syntactic frame and the other way round; this thus
>>     more or less corresponds to the SynSemCorrespondence in KMF).
>>
>>     SemanticArgument -> obsolete (not needed anymore)
>>
>>     Syntactic Argument and Syntactic Frame -> stay as they are
>>
>>     semArg -> ontoCorrespondence (to make clear that it establishes a
>>     correspondence between an ontological argument and a syntactic
>>     argument)
>>
>>     subframe -> submap (to be consistent with renaming SemanticFrame
>>     as OntoMap)
>>
>>     I hope you all agree with these changes. Please review them
>>     carefully. We will have chance to discuss them on the 17th of
>>     Juli where we will have the final telco on the model.
>>
>>     I send a separate email to remind us all of the upcoming
>>     discussion on the LIME module this week.
>>
>>     Kind regards,
>>
>>     Philipp.
>>
>>     --
>>     --
>>     Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>>     AG Semantic Computing
>>     Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>>     Universität Bielefeld
>>
>>     Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>>     Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>>     Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>>     <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>>
>>     Office CITEC-2.307
>>     Universitätsstr. 21-25
>>     33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>>     Germany
>>

>> --
>> Jorge Gracia, PhD
>> Ontology Engineering Group
>> Artificial Intelligence Department
>> Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
>> http://jogracia.url.ph/web/

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

Fax: +49 521 106 6560