Re: LIME Final Model

Dear John, All

see my answer below.

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Manuel Fiorelli <
> manuel.fiorelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *7. Properties avgNumOfLexicalization, percentage, lexicalizations no
> longer on Lexicalization*
>>
>> This is something that (if I remember correctly) was still under
>> discussion. However, in the attached document I was open to the possibility
>> to include these properties the LexicalizationSet.
>>
>> The change you propose would dramatically change the semantics of the
>> model. Currently, a coverage is only a container of statistics. With your
>> change in place, a coverage would be a dataset, which contains (I presume)
>> the lexicalization triples.
>>
> OK, I think the important thing is that properties such as lexicalizations
> can be added to the Lexicalization, it didn't look like that from the
> diagram
>
> As for changing the semantics, I disagree. The lexicalization is not truly
> a 'dataset' in most cases as it is instead may be published as part of a
> lexicon (or even part of an ontology). Instead it is a dataset in the sense
> that it some set of triples, in this case the triples linking an ontology
> to a lexicon, thus for me a resource coverage is also a dataset, that is
> the set of triples linking a lexicon to a selection of the ontology's
> entities by type.

In the model, we have the following axiom

lime:LexicalizationSet rdfs:subClass void:Dataset

therefore, each lexicalizationSet is a dataset, in the sense of being a set
of triples, i.e. representing the association between ontology entities and
lexical entries.

As you argue, it may be a subset of another dataset. On this last point,
maybe we were a bit ambiguous in previous telcos/emails. Suppose that I
want to distribute an ontolex:Lexicon together with a
lime:LexicalizationSet, what is the appropriate structure of the data?

a)

*The lexicon also contains the triples related to the lexicalizationSet*
:myLexicon a ontolex:Lexicon .
:myLexicon void:subset :myLexicalizationSet .

:myLexicalizationSet a lime:LexicalizationSet.

b)

*The lexicon does not contain the triples related to the lexicalization;
instead, both the lexicon and the lexicalizationSet are part of a larger
dataset.*

:myDataset a void:Dataset .
:myDataset void:subset :myLexicon .
:myDataset void:subset :myLexicalizationSet .

:myLexicon a ontolex:Lexicon .
:myLexicalizationSet a lime:LexicaliztionSet.

I thought that we agreed on the solution b), in order to completely remove
"semantic" information from the lexicon. What is your position?

--
Manuel Fiorelli