Re: UML diagrams

Two possibilities:

1) use yEd Graffoo notation: just downlaod the graphml file and put it in the same yEd directory: http://www.essepuntato.it/graffoo/, specification is there. However, cardinalities come as boxes where you can write owl restrictions in Manchester syntax. I put Silvio Peroni in cc, he developed Graffo and DiTTO.

2) use the ER notation, but as you say, Crow’s foot notation is used instead of numbers to express cardinalities.

Another approximation is the diagram drawer in TopBraid Composer, which (after proper configuration) shows a UML-like notation with numeric cardinalities. It is generated automatically, and editing is not allowed.
There are other possibilities (e.g. Enrico Franconi’s ICOM), but I should say that the perfect visual bridge between UML and OWL is yet to come.

Using native UML editors like Poseidon are of course a possibility, but the semantics of class diagrams is not necessarily correspondent to OWL semantics (however, who cares if that is just for visually supporting intuition without formal claims …).

Last possibility: use RDF Gravity, and configure nodes and edge filters to obtain what you want.

Aldo