Issues with backwards compatibility

From: John P. McCrae <jmccrae@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 17:25:46 +0200
To: public-ontolex <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Hi all,

Due to the large number of resources using the previous Monnet *lemon
*vocabulary
it seems natural that we should support users who wish to transition to the
W3C OntoLex *lemon *vocabulary. As such I was looking into the conversion.

https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Monnet_OntoLex_Compatibility

There are some areas where the previous model has significant differences
that we should consider whether to adopt. (Of course I do not assume that
everything in Monnet Lemon should be transferred across but we should
attempt to be able to represent relevant use cases already addressed by
Monnet Lemon).

>From my analysis, there are two main issues that we should still address

   - Monnet *lemon* has more sophisticated description of senses, in
   particular, mechanisms such as contexts
   <http://lemon-model.net/lemon-cookbook/node11.html>, conditions
   <http://lemon-model.net/lemon-cookbook/node30.html>, definitions,
   examples and incompatibility
   <http://lemon-model.net/lemon-cookbook/node14.html>
   - Monnet *lemon* allows us to say if a lexical entry is a multi-word
   expression, affix or word.

Any comments on whether we should allow this modelling

Regards,
John