Re: ontolex web architecture

Philipp,

my apologies to chime in. But I just realized this morning that I still have to check whether what you describe is perfectly fine with Apache. Indeed, I have set up a test on my local machine (running Apache on a Mac Mavericks): setting a file called lemon.html, and then a directory called lemon with a lemon/index.html file. The problem is that if I say

http://localhost:lemon

Apache will expand this into

http://localhost:lemon/

that will then return

http://localhost:lemon/index.html

We *may* be o.k. with that if we then use that 'index.html' file as the RDFa source (and the directory would also store the .rdf and .ttl files); except that the browser URI bar will display that URI rather than http://localhost:lemon.html.

Another alternative is to avoid any issues and use a slightly different name for 'lemon' as a namespace and 'lemon' as a top for modules, ie, one could use lemon_modules/ontolex, etc.

I am not really good in managing Apache, so there may be a good trick that I do not know about.

Ivan

On 27 Feb 2014, at 08:04 , Philipp Cimiano <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>   John and myself have discussed the namespace and website architecture for the emerging ontolex model with Ivan Hermann.
>
> As you all remember we agreed to find a solution that somehow makes clear that the model is a successor of the lemon model and has received substantial input fro this model, while at the same time making clear that the W3C model is the result of a community process in the ontolex CG.
>
> The proposal we have worked out with Ivan Hermann is the following:
>
> There will be one global namespace where the whole model will be available:
>
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon
>
> and then the following (sub-) namespace for the modules:
>
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/ontolex
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/synsem
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/decomp
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/vartrans
> http://www.w3.org/ns/lemon/lime
>
> For each domain mentioned above we would need:
>
> 1) an HTML file describing the model/module
> 2) the HTML file should be ideally RDFa annotated, not a problem I think
> 3) we should provide the model in RDF/XML as well as in turtle
> 4) we should also provide JSON-LD with an appropriate context file mapping JSON to RDF
>
> I think that the best would be to set up an SVN in which we keep the turtle version of the model as well as the HTML pages versioned, and then we have scripts generating all the rest automatically, the RDF/XML, JSON-LD etc.
>
> Who volunteers to take care of all the technical issues mentioned above? I have someone in mind, but will wait for volunteers ;-)
>
> That's all for now.
>
> Philipp.
>

> --
>
> Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>
> Phone: +49 521 106 12249
> Fax: +49 521 106 12412
> Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>
> Forschungsbau Intelligente Systeme (FBIIS)
> Raum 2.307
> Universität Bielefeld
> Inspiration 1
> 33619 Bielefeld