RE: WordNet modelling in Lemon and SKOS

Hi Philipp,

thanks for the clarification. Btw, hope my email didn’t sound as a “let’s move out from lemon”, so really consider it just as a question so that in case I would have realigned my examples. I have no problem in using either prefix, and was not my intention to push one or the other.

Thanks a lot for all the replies comin’!

From: Philipp Cimiano [mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de]
Sent: martedì 16 aprile 2013 09.55
To: public-ontolex@w3.org
Subject: Re: WordNet modelling in Lemon and SKOS

Armando, all,

 on issue 1) usage of lemon or ontolex as prefix.

The thing is that many people active in this group have been involved in the development of lemon before, so to many of us it comes quite natural to think in lemon terms.

I think that the lemon acronym is quite nice, so I would have a preference that the final vocabulary has this prefix. However,
this vocabulary will hopefully at the end be hosted by the W3C in some way or the other, so that the final namespace could be sth. like: w3c.org/lemon for instance.

Many of us have put a lot of work and thoughts into the lemon model and thus we think that this model can provide a good basis for the work in this group. Nevertheless, it should be clear that whatever this group comes up with will be a new model decided by all of us.

Having said this, let me propose that we all work with the prefix "ontolex" for now. The reasons for this are as follows: first of all, the group is called ontolex, so it makes sense to use this as prefix. Second, I think it is important that while we hope to build on lemon as much as possible, the goal is to design a new vocabulary that will have a different namespace anyway. To make this clear, I think using the prefix "ontolex" is an important sign.

I hope as many of you agree on this.

Philipp.