Re: How can recurrent temporal constraints be expressed ?

Hi Sridhar,

I am confused – I thought your original question was to have monthly periods (1 month) where content is accessed a maximum of 5 times, calendars sound like a different requirement altogether as I am not sure how a calendar now makes it easier.

Checking during lunch:
Unfortunately, there is only one standard ( ISO-8601 ) and is week-based or quarters of year, but if you are flexible, you could input a list of weeks when the checks are done /reset as your :RightOperand, this list starts whenever you want and finishes when the :Rule is no longer active?
Reading some pages, there is a convention “Many retail and financial systems divide ISO-8601 quarters into three segments of 4-4-5 weeks, ...”

You could also implement sets of tuples for the start/end date of each period (significantly simpler than a whole mime type) – and several optimisations can be done on dates.

Depending on the end-to-end requirement, you still can build a taxonomy for your unbound checks – similar to what Victor proposed below, which could simplify and expedite your validations.

Regards,

Joshua Cornejo

marketdata

embed open standards