Re: How can recurrent temporal constraints be expressed ?

Respected Sirs,
Please see two comments below:

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 4:04 PM Sridhar Krishnamurthy <ksridhar@amagi.com>
wrote:

> Respected Victor and Joshua,
>
> Thank you once again for the patience shown in answering the questions.
> Will take some time to imbue them and will get back to you if necessary.
>
> thanks and regards
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 12:25 PM Joshua Cornejo <josh@marketdata.md>
> wrote:
>
>> The specification for Constraints (
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#constraint)
>>

>> All the language around Constraint / Refinement instantiation is
>> singular, e.g:
>>

>>                 An Action *MAY* include the refinement property to
>> indicate a Constraint/Logical Constraint that narrows the semantics of the
>> Action operation directly.
>>

>> As such, in my interpretation, an action can have one-and-only one
>> odrl:refinement/odrl:constraint, this is modelled:
>>

>> ns:uriAction        a *odrl:Action*;
>>
>>                     *odrl:action odrl:play;*
>>
>>                     *odrl:refinement* ns:uriRefinement.
>>

>> But, if this was just the use of formal language and it could be 1-or
>> more, it can be modelled as:
>>

>> ns:uriAction        a *odrl:Action*;
>>
>>                     *odrl:action odrl:play;*
>>
>>                     *odrl:refinement* ns:uriRefinement1,
>>
>>                                     ns:uriRefinement2.
>>
>> And you have 2 independent refinements acting on odrl:play.

Comment 1:
----------

The para soon after the Constraints section at
https://www.w3.org/TR/odrl-model/#constraint
has the following statement
...A Logical Constraint will refer to existing Constraints as its operands.
When multiple Constraints apply to the same Rule, Action, Party/Asset
Collection, then they are interpreted as conjunction and all *MUST* be
satisfied.

This indicates (as you also said) that multiple constraints/refinements can
be
specified and they are considered to be AND'ed together without the need
for a
Logical Constraint.

This is akin to the answer that Victor suggested
i.e.
"permission": [{
     "target": "asset,
    "action": "display",
    "constraint": [{
           "leftOperand": "dateTime",
           "operator": "gte",
           "rightOperand":  { "@value":
"RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=1;COUNT=1;UNTIL=2024-12-31",
}
       },{
           "leftOperand": "count",
           "operator": "leq",
           "rightOperand":  "5",
           "dct:comment": "At most 5 tims"
       }]
 }]

Comment: 2

An observation on the first constraint above is that it would be better
to also specify the dataType property and its value. May be this could be
the mime-type of the 'text/calendar'.

Please do correct me if the above observations are incorrect.

thanks and regards