Re: ODRL Profile for Data Sovereignty

On 2024-08-23 03:16, Renato Iannella wrote:

>> On 22 Aug 2024, at 22:27, Hosseinzadeh, Arghavan
>> <arghavan.hosseinzadeh@iese.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>>
>> Regarding the namespace that you mentioned, we would like to use
>> “https://www.w3.org/ods/ <https://www.w3.org/ods/>”. Is it sufficient
>> to confirm it here or we have to follow a procedure that isn’t yet
>> known to us. I appreciate if you provide us with more information.
>>

> Hi Arghavan…
>
> The URI we have for the ODRL namespace was assigned by W3C as ODRL V2.2
> is an official recommendation.
>
> Only W3C can assign and use the "https://www.w3.org/ <https://
> www.w3.org/>“ URI as a namespace.
>
> If you want to use something “like w3” then checkout: https://w3id.org/
> <https://w3id.org/>
>
> Cheers - Renato

Regarding w3.org and the example of "ods" in first path segment of the
URI, I believe that's correct. See issue:

https://github.com/Fraunhofer-IESE/ODS/issues/9

Instead, http://www.w3.org/ns/ods/ may be possible, but the contributors
should decide whether they want the URI to be allocated under the
authority of w3.org or w3id.org.

-Sarven
https://csarven.ca/#i