Re: ODRL Profile for Linked Data

As I understand it, if creating the contents of a Linked Data dataset
has required an effort and has originality attributable to somebody, it
qualifies to become object of*intellectual property*. This would be the
case if, for example, you write news in English language and put them in
a RDF format. The dataset would be protected by IPR laws.

If it is not the case, and you have just made a database picking some
contents from wikipedia, some from the government dataset, etc., you are
not protected at all by IPR laws but by the *database* right only, which
acknowledges your efforts for compiling and structuring the information.

Víctor

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 91336 3672
Skype: vroddon3