RE: ODRL Profile for Linked Data

A note on Renato's "although it is arguable that a dataset could be
classified ...":

In Europe there is some legislation around which protects "creatively"
collected data:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_right

Michael

Michael Steidl
Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@iptc.org]
Web: www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC
Business office address:
25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom
Registered in England, company no 101096

RDF
> datasets?
>
> Obviously, we would be more than happy to see ODRL being used to
> describe LOD datasets.
>
> Given that ODRL (both the XML and RDF/OWL representations) can express
> CC semantics, then you could use ODRL for this purpose - as your Blog
> indicates CC being used by some LOD datasets (although it is arguable that
> dataset could be classified as a "literary and/or artistic work" - but
that is for
> the lawyers ;-)
>
> Also, in the ODRL XML Encoding [1], we looked at the Open Data Commons
> as an example, and given some specific ODC terms, we could also use ODRL
> for this purpose.
>
> In general though, we have not done the specific analysis for LOD
Datasets.