Re: odrl-ISSUE-10: How to identify a group of assets [ODRL Version 2.0 Core Model (Public)]

On 2 Jul 2012, at 17:34, Michael Steidl (IPTC) wrote:

> we need addressing multiple identifiers by a wildcard syntax in a single
> asset element.
> Something like urn:tag:example.org,2012:pics201206* to address all pictures
> of June 2012.

ODRL does not infer any semantics on the URI used to identify the Asset.

So if the above URI means "all pictures for June 2012" then that is the Asset(s) and the subject of the Policy.

However, we do have a similar concept with Party. We can indicate that a Party URI is a "group" of people (with scope=group).

If it is similar, then we could look at replicating this concept with Asset.
That is, at least you know from the Asset URI that it is more then one item?

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com