RE: ITS 2.0 sec1-2 editing current state

Just one note on 1.4.1.3:

"The Translate data category has a direct counterpart in [HTML5], namely the HTML5 translate attribute. ITS 2.0 does not define its
own behaviour for HTML5 translate, but just refers to the HTML5 definition."

(BYW it should be the US spelling "behavior" not "behavior")

Sorry to bring it back... but:

The HTML5 definition of translate does not talk about global rules obviously.
So what is a developer is to do for global Translate rules in HTML5? Does it applies the property applies to the attributes of the
selected nodes too (unlike XML?). I assume so, but it's not written anywhere in either of the specifications.

Note also that we have a note in the Translate section
(http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/its20-for-editing-sec1-sec2.html#trans-datacat) that says:

"It is not possible to override the Translate data category settings of attributes using local markup. This limitation is consistent
with the advised practice of not using translatable attributes. If attributes need to be translatable (e.g., an HTML alt attribute),
then this must be declared globally."

I don't think the note is completely applicable for HTML5: if you apply the HTML5 behavior you do override the Translate setting of
attributes using local markup. The alt example is a good example of that. At the same time it's true that you cannot define an
override on *only* an attribute using local markup (even in HTML5).

-ys