Re: [for an XML expert] Re: NIF testing (Re: NIF documentation and review of the last draft regarding NIF)

Hi Felix,

ok, I see, so this is definitely a part where serialization is
definitely MAY or OPTIONAL So we can safely ignore it.
For RDF the syntax is irrelevant.

As a side note:
I can't find the syntax with "#xpath()" anywhere. I think it should be
either "xpath1", "xpointer" or directly the expression.
I get the feeling, that the XPointer spec is not so well suited to be
used in URIs.
I spotted three variants (none official):
http://www.w3schools.com/xlink/xlink_syntax.asp
-> http://www.example.com/cdlist.xml#id('rock').child(5,item)

http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/SA.html#SATSXP
->
http://tinyurl.com/267z62/xml/2004/Thompson01/EML2004Thompson01.xml#xpath1(//ftnote[@id='fn6']/para[1])

http://commons.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/XPath_and_XPointer/XPointer_Syntax#Using_XPointers_in_a_URI
->
http://www.example.com/lucy.xml#xpointer(//character[@castmember="arnaz"])

All the best,
Sebastian

Am 26.05.2013 21:13, schrieb Felix Sasaki:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Am 26.05.13 19:36, schrieb Sebastian Hellmann:
>> Hi Felix,
>> well I did a quick research, but couldn't find a solution to one
>> particular question:
>> The XPointers we use look like this:
>> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(/doc/para%5B1%5D/span%5B2%5D)
>>
>> I was wondering:
>> 1. Do we need to URL encode the part after # ?
>
> I had tried without URL encoding and got errors from various tools -
> but it is OK not to do the URL encoding.
>
>> 2. should it be "xpath()" or "xpointer()"?
>>
>> I have to say I was confused when seeing this:
>> http://commons.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/XPath_and_XPointer/XPointer_Syntax#Using_XPointers_in_a_URI
>>
>> If I recall correctly we cleared that issue back then in a meeting,
>> but I can't really remember details. Maybe we should clarify it again
>> and put it in the spec(or at least link it to XPointer/XPath) to
>> document how we derived it?
>
> The "how we derived it" part could be covered by a link to the
> xpointer registry (see below).
>
>> I wasn't able to find any document for it.
> In e.g.
> http://example.com/exampledoc.html#xpath(/doc/para[1]/span[2])
> We are using the registered xpath scheme
> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/xpath
> so we can refer to it to clarify this, sure. It all boils down to one
> question: what part of the ITS2NIF conversion MUST be generated? If
> the XPath "path" URI is part of it, we can add the link to the scheme
> to clarify this.
>
> Best,
>
> Felix
>

>> I am not a regular using of XPath or XML so I do not want to overstep
>> my bounds in this matter.
>> More RDF related stuff in another email.
>> -- Sebastian
>>

>> Am 26.05.2013 18:40, schrieb Felix Sasaki:
>>> Hi Sebastian, all, puttin Phil and Leroy into CC since they are
>>> interested in the NIF testing topic,
>>>
>>> thank you for looking into the NIF section. This is now
>>> https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/125
>>> Most of the issues look pretty clear. All: I will implement them in
>>> the spec on Tuesday if there are no further comments.
>>>
>>> One question, though: are the properties
>>> nif:beginIndex
>>> and