From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:34 AM
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org<mailto:public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Subject: [All] high level use cases not yet ready to publish, please have another look

Hi all, esp. Christian,

I had a brief look at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary
and I think this is not yet ready even for a first public working draft.

I won't point to specific sections here, but please have another look at "your" section with the following in mind:

- Don't mention something that is not in the spec anymore, e.g. "Disambiguation". Call this "Text Analysis Annotation".
- The "More Information and Implementation Status/Issues" sections are extremely heterogenous. Please, re-write them following this simple pattern taken from ENLASO:

[

Tool: Okapi Framework (ENLASO).

  *   Detailed slides at http://tinyurl.com/8tmg49d
  *   Running software: http://code.google.com/p/okapi/downloads/list
  *   Source code: http://code.google.com/p/okapi/source/browse/
  *   General documentation: http://www.opentag.com/okapi/wiki/
]

- Don't just "list" data categories. Describe their benefit in your implementation.
- Use a simple & sweet language style like e.g. in
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary#Simple_Machine_Translation

The document should be a *high level* overview. Currently it has 20 pages - that's too long. We can provide details & more text in other publications.

NOTE for the EC project folks: this document is an important part for us to raise awareness for Rome and to give input for the Luxembourg review. Please invest the time to take above considerations into account.

Please, do that by Tuesday EOB 19 February.

Christian, what are your thoughts on editing this and making this ready for publication, also in terms fo timing.