RE: [Action-484] Create an ABNF based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Apr/0047.html

From: Pablo Nieto Caride <pablo.nieto@linguaserve.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:47:12 +0200
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, "'Jirka Kosek'" <jirka@kosek.cz>
Cc: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Felix, all,

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Enviado el: miƩrcoles, 17 de abril de 2013 10:15
Para: Jirka Kosek
CC: Pablo Nieto Caride; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Asunto: Re: [Action-484] Create an ABNF based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2013Apr/0047.html

Hi Jirka, Pablo, all,

Am 17.04.13 09:05, schrieb Jirka Kosek:
> On 16.4.2013 18:29, Pablo Nieto Caride wrote:
>
>> The rules of the ABNF are:
>>
>> [14] charClassSub ::= ( posCharGroup | negCharGroup ) '-'
>> charClassExpr
> I think that we don't want charClassSub at all. Argument was that many
> RE engines doesn't support subtraction of classes.
>
>> Now if memory serves we need a RELAX NG schema to validate the grammar, don't we? Or are we going to use the regex finally?
> No, we just need this for specification. For schema we can rewrite
> this into regex if there is strong demand for this.

For the record, I won't demand this - though it would be nice.

So if there is an updated regex *excluding* the subtraction, can you see if people agree on this during today's call? I would then do the edit for allowed characters and we could close the issue-67 next week.
[PNC]: I can do a final rework to the regex based on the new ABNF since I started it, and I'm more familiar with it, so as to close the issue next week once and for all :)

Cheers,
Pablo.