W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > October 2012

[MLW-LT Minutes] 2012-10-22

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:30:57 +0200
Message-ID: <CAL58czqmEf1nA5O7rE3BVqaKK5z00rUV=bo6E1pWsiP26vE1-Q@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
... are at http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html
and below as text.

Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

            MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Teleconference

22 Oct 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0248.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jirka, Shaun, Dom, Leroy, Yves, Olaf, Naoto, Dave,
          David, Tadej, Milan, Guiseppe, Ankit, Fredrik

   Regrets
          Felix

   Chair
          daveL

   Scribe
          dF, tadej

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1) Work schedule update
         2. [6]schedule update
         3. [7]test suite time plan
         4. [8]1.3) Update from XLIFF meeting and FEISGILTT
         5. [9]XLIFF meeting and ITS in XLIFF
         6. [10]1.4) Lyon agenda
         7. [11]2) Data category overview table
         8. [12]3.3) Too many pointers / global rules
         9. [13]3.4) Tool information
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 22 October 2012

   <daveL> scribe: dF

   rollcall

   <daveL> daveL: also Naoto, Jirka and Tadej

1) Work schedule update

schedule update

   <daveL> documentation pubcation: [15]http://tinyurl.com/8bfujeo

     [15] http://tinyurl.com/8bfujeo

   next publication date was planned for tomorrow

   we aim now to have it for TPAC Lyon

   daveL: reviewing changes to draft for publication

   changes mainly in provenance, we have now nice looking examples

   daveL; makes a call for consenus

   no objections

   <daveL> topic; 1.2) Test suite timeplan

   daveL: the draft will be published tomorrow week

test suite time plan

   <daveL>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0236.html

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0236.html

   In Prague, we started collecting individual commitments to test
   features on categories

   daveL: we will need tests for its:param
   ... as soon as tools reference is completed, we will need tests
   for that
   ... need volunteers to review the testsuite
   ... we need to have some tests completed by Dec 15
   ... to see how it goes before Xmas
   ... we have two levels of implmentations 1) for conformance

   2) use case scenarios for broader audience

   omstefanov: what do we do with ruby, where there are no test
   commitments

   <daveL> dF: is there some confusion there - old cateroeis will
   not be dropped

   daveL: the new ones will be dropped if not implemented
   ... but not the old
   ... but we still need to break it down for html, xml, local,
   and global

   omstefanov: what will happen with provenance, disambiguation
   etc.

   DomJones: we will have another go, before we drop any
   categories
   ... we will review next week

1.3) Update from XLIFF meeting and FEISGILTT

   daveL: poeple might be holding back on issues that are not
   quite complete yet

XLIFF meeting and ITS in XLIFF

   <daveL>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLI
   FF_Mapping

     [17] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

   daveL: report from Redmond and FEISGILTT
   ... generally good progress
   ... posted link to the mapping in progress
   ... XLIFF usage of ITS resembles local markup but has not quite
   the same inheritance etc.
   ... the goal is to finalize by mid Dec

   Yves_: no need to add anything, good report..

   daveL: who else would like to help with the mapping?

   Milan: I am interested
   ... we discussed some with David (dF)

   daveL: if you want to put your name against some
   ... discussing the XLIFF mapping call timing for Friday
   ... agreed 4pm Irish

1.4) Lyon agenda

   dF to follow up with XLIFF mapping call time

   <scribe> ACTION: dF to follow up with XLIFF mapping call time
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-252 - Follow up with XLIFF mapping
   call time [on David Filip - due 2012-10-29].

   <daveL>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0233.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0233.html

   <daveL>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Agenda

     [20] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Agenda

   daveL: posting link to agenda propsoed by Felix

   <daveL>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Agenda

     [21] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Agenda

   <daveL>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Agenda

     [22] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Agenda

   daveL: we need to put in some individual items
   ... first data categories, later in the afternoon test suite
   ... break out sessions for implmentations
   ... is the time for breakouts enough
   ... later an open session to discuss implementation plans
   brought back from break outs

   dF: what is the timing for the HTML5 meeting(s)?

   daveL: not sure, does not seem to be confirmed
   ... adding into session 6 as a placeholder

   <scribe> ACTION: daveL to confirm HTML5 session time(s) with
   Felix [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-253 - Confirm HTML5 session time(s)
   with Felix [on David Lewis - due 2012-10-29].

   <daveL>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Lyo
   nNov2012#Participants

     [24] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/LyonNov2012#Participants

   daveL: please update your participation on the agenda wiki page

   <daveL> 2) Data category overview table

   <daveL>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0055.html

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0055.html

2) Data category overview table

   <daveL> scribe: tadej

   <daveL>
   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/att-0055/its-categories.html

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/att-0055/its-categories.html

   daveL: sean provided the table, proposed to combine the
   inheritance behaviour for XML and HTML in one place

   shaunm: considering also different columns for local vs. global
   attributes, but would make it unwieldy

   daveL: something like this should be in the main body of the
   document, do you think it would work for that?

   shaunm: all the information is already in the spec itself, so
   it's a repeat

   daveL: alternatively, the names of the data categories and
   names of attributes could be made more generic and format
   agnostic, not necessaritly in camel case (which implies XML)
   ... shaun, in some of the cells you had only dashes, what do
   they indicate?

   shaunm: - is for 'doesn't exist'
   ... I skipped ruby, external rule doesn't have local at all
   ... i'll send the global/local extended table to the list

   daveL: let's change camel case simply using spaces - "locNote"
   to "loc note"

   omstefanov: I can do the conversion editing.
   ... entityType does not have dashes, but blank

   tadej: it looks like an old version, this was renamed to
   entityClassRef recently - it should be in the draft

   <daveL> 3.1) Use of IRIs

   <daveL>
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0222.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0222.html

   daveL: we should be using IRIs instead of URLs.

   <daveL> topic; 3.2) on/off "active" attribute for quality issue

   <scribe> ACTION: Jirka to edit usages URI to IRI [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-254 - Edit usages URI to IRI [on
   Jirka Kosek - due 2012-10-29].

   <daveL>
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0214.html

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0214.html

3.3) Too many pointers / global rules

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves_ to determine and correct wording for
   ISSUE-34 [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find Yves_. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[31]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/u
   sers>.

     [31] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users%3E.

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to determine and correct wording for
   ISSUE-34 [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-255 - Determine and correct wording
   for ISSUE-34 [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-10-29].

   <daveL>
   [33]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
   ssues/51

     [33] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/51

   <daveL>
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
   lt/2012Oct/0042.html

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0042.html

   daveL: a general issue being around is that there are many
   pointers and global rules being used, there's a proposed
   solution
   ... the solution is annotating a document in a way that a
   reference is static (not relative)
   ... Yves_ suggested removing the non-*Pointer attributes and
   keeping the *Pointer attributes

   Yves_: not sure what the outcome of the discussion was

   daveL: let's skip this point for now

   <daveL> t

3.4) Tool information

   <daveL>
   [35]https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/i
   ssues/42

     [35] https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/42

   daveL: there was a discussion on tool info, and people were
   volunteering for examples

   Yves_: one conclusion was that URIs were sufficient to describe
   the tool, having additional info there

   daveL: having an IRI pointing to something that has a schema
   would be one solution

   Yves_: defining that schema got complicated, so we stopped the
   discussion there
   ... therefore, Felix asked data category implementors for
   examples, how much info is necessary to expose

   daveL: dF, do you have an example for mtConfidence at hand?

   dF: in the MT case, you need to know the platform and engine
   specifics, but engine specifics may be different across
   platforms
   ... what about if the pointer doesn't need to lead anywhere?
   would a URN be enough?
   ... for mtConfidence, the examples are already there, with the
   necessary attributes
   ... however, these were not replaced by the its-tool in the
   spec

   daveL: I propose to take Yves_'s definition, add examples from
   existing data categories and sent it around in a word file
   ... I can do that by friday

   <scribe> ACTION: daveL to compile and circulate itsTool
   examples togehter with proposal text [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-256 - Compile and circulate itsTool
   examples togehter with proposal text [on David Lewis - due
   2012-10-29].

   daveL: do we need a call on monday, given that we are meeting
   soom?
   ... I propose cancelling next week's call

   omstefanov: should I be spelling out full words: "localization
   note" instead of "loc note"

   daveL: good idea

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: daveL to compile and circulate itsTool examples
   togehter with proposal text [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: daveL to confirm HTML5 session time(s) with Felix
   [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: dF to follow up with XLIFF mapping call time
   [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jirka to edit usages URI to IRI [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to determine and correct wording for
   ISSUE-34 [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves_ to determine and correct wording for
   ISSUE-34 [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/22-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [43]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([44]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/10/23 10:26:00 $

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 23 October 2012 10:31:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:31:55 UTC