RE: issue-51 too many global rules

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 06:19:17 -0600
To: "'Felix Sasaki'" <fsasaki@w3.org>, <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi Felix, all,

> So there may be the options:
> 1) remove the non pointer attributes, e.g. "locQualitIssueyComment",
> and keep the pointer attributes, e.g. "locQualitIssueyCommentPointer"
> 2) keep everything as is
> 3) remove global rules completely.
>
> Thoughts? At the end the question is: who would implement 1) or 2),
> or is everybody happy with 3)?

For those 'rich' data categories having global rules with non-pointer attribute is not very useable IMO (to many risks to break the link between the global rule and the element/attribute to which it applies).

So I would be fine with option #1. It's half less things to implement and we keep a lot of flexibility.